Pinterest is the most amazing website ever! It is a “virtual pinboard that lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web” including recipes, photos, fashion, travel ideas, and home decor. I honestly now use Pinterest instead of Google search to find the things I am looking for. What can I say, I like the pictures! I have found so many things I love and want to try that I decided to try one every week and share it through this blog whether it be style, decorating, cooking, or travel. Last week I found this pizza puffs recipe (here or here) that I decided to make to contribute to our Hawkeye tailgate party last weekend (I also made these). This recipe is AH-MAZING! One bowl, one pan, one happy tailgate party!
Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza Puffs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
4 oz low-fat sausage, cooked and crumbled
**I used Jimmy Dean’s Turkey Sausage Crumbles to save time**
2 oz mini turkey pepperoni (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, and baking powder. Whisk in the milk and lightly beaten egg.
3. Stir in the mozzarella, sausage, and pepperoni. Let stand 10 minutes.
Even though I left these puffs in a little too long (as you can see in the picture), they were a total hit at the Hawkeye football bash. This recipe is totally simple in cooking, clean-up, and eating. No plates, knives, or forks are necessary like with regular pizza! Plus, they were perfect to grab and go and would be awesome with little ones. Since I will definitely be making more puffs in the future, next time I would:
- Try adding new ingredients such as green pepper and onion!
- Double the recipe to make 48 puffs instead of 24 (they disappear fast)!
- Watch them more closely as they bake very quickly!
What ingredients would you add to your puffs?!