Last Friday I made chocolate chip cookies (seen here) and chocolate pretzel peanut butter balls (from here and here). Although the name is ridiculously long, every ingredient in these chocolate pretzel peanut butter balls deserves a place in the title. Anything and everything I ever crave is rolled up in these little balls! Chocolate? Yes please! Peanut Butter? You better believe it! Pretzels? Don’t mind if I do. You are honestly getting your sweet, salty, and chocolatey all in one bite. Do your taste buds a favor and make them NOW.
Hands on Time 15-20 minutes
Chilling Time 1 hour
Makes 22 Balls (I easily doubled the recipe to make 44 balls)
1 1/2 c. pretzels
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Crush pretzels into small pieces.
5. Create a chilling tray by placing wax paper on a dinner plate.
6. Use about a teaspoon of the peanut butter pretzel mixture and gently pat into a ball with your fingertips. Place all the balls on the chilling tray and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. After the peanut butter balls have chilled, pour chocolate chips into a small microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Continue to microwave in intervals of 10 seconds until the chips are completely melted (easily stirred smooth).
8. Place peanut butter balls one-by-one into the melted chocolate and gently roll around until completely coated. Remove from the bowl and place back on the chilling tray.