It’s almost Thanksgiving. Which means it’s time to gain 10 lbs. Kidding (kind of) but seriously, with family gatherings and hungry co-workers galore, wow them this year with something other than the traditional pumpkin pie … try this easy, fun and kid-friendly Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie recipe!!
Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
Original recipe: Pillsbury Recipes
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 container (16 oz) chocolate creamy frosting (I used tube frosting)
- Candy corn
- Orange decorating icing
- Black decorating gel
- 1 bag (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Mini Morsels
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies as directed on roll. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag. I opted for tube frosting because I’m lazy. On each cookie, pipe frosting on outer edge of half of cookie. Arrange candy corn over frosting for feathers.
- Place two dots of black decorating gel on the cookies and attach mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Pipe orange icing onto each cookie to resemble turkey nose and feet.
GOBBLE GOBBLE them up!!