This past weekend my roommate Lindsey and I had the honor of hosting our annual January girls weekend. Brooke and Erin had a 6+ hour drive on Sunday to get back to Des Moines so our typical Sunday itinerary includes a little breakfast before they take off. I decided it was time to branch out from the standard bagel breakfast with this casserole recipe I found on Pinterest (with a few of my own adaptations). I don’t want to toot my own horn, but I’m going to because this casserole was AMAZING.
Weekend Brunch Casserole
Original Recipe: Bob Evans
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 16-ounce Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage Roll
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Sprinkle with sausage then cheese over the crescent roll dough.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes or until set – you want to make sure the egg is cooked throughout the entire casserole.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.