Have I mentioned my obsession with French Onion Soup? I can’t explain how it began. In fact, I used to not even like French Onion Soup. But times have changed. Now I love it to the point that I once drove in a blizzard to get some of this delicacy. After that, I knew it was time. It was time to make my own French Onion Soup. The results were amazing and I am still enjoying my creation, loving every minute of it.
**The picture on this one does not do it justice, but trust me when I say that it is 250% worth it.
French Onion Soup
- Cugino’s Ridiculously Delicious! Baked Burgundy French Onion Soup Mix (found at Bed, Bath & Beyond, also here)
- 7 cups water
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- Whole wheat bread, toasted
- Provolone cheese slices
- In a medium-sized kettle combine 7 cups water and sliced onion. Whisk in entire contents of soup mix.
- Cook over medium heat for 25-35 minutes.
- Pour into soup bowl.
- Turn oven to high broil.
- Top each bowl with a toasted piece of whole wheat bread and a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place in oven until cheese is bubbly.
- Take out and let cool.
If you want a true “from scratch” French Onion Soup recipe, check this out.