I try to eat healthy and always explore new quick and easy AND healthy recipes. BUT…
Confession: I have a sweet tooth.
At times, I also have willpower, but recently the sweet tooth has been winning. My sweet tooth is a major fan of cookies. And in the cookies category, you truly cannot go wrong with Monster Cookies. Unless you’re dealing with a peanut allergy (peanut butter is an ingredient!) these cookies are a MAJOR hit at any event, across the board: work potluck, girls night, post-dinner party treat, baby shower, family dinner, a random Tuesday night… seriously. TRY THEM!
Original recipe: The Food Network
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup multi-colored chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well.
- Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips, raisins, if using, baking soda, and oatmeal.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
MMMMM! What’s your go-to cookie recipe?