I am back from my world travels visiting our favorite blogger Megan and I’m still riding high off the delicious food we ate in Turkey and Greece. Grilled meat, fresh vegetables, gyros for days. Amazingness. I decided to travel back to Greece through my kitchen and it was a major success. While nothing is the exact same, my Greek feast was ridiculously close.
Original recipe: Nigella
**I halved the recipe
- 3 chicken breast, skinless
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1.5 fl oz olive oil
- 9 oz greek yogurt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green chile, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) coriander, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) mint, chopped
- Clean chicken, cut into smaller pieces if desired. Put them into a freezer bag, or dish, with the lemon juice and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Make yogurt mixture as chicken marinades.
- Place yogurt into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add chopped green onion and chili.
- Peel and mince the garlic into the yogurt and also add the peeled cubed cucumber and most of the freshly chopped coriander and mint.
- Mix all these ingredients together, and taste for seasoning; add salt as needed.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large pan to heat up.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and fry for 3-5 minutes a side or until golden outside in parts, and wholly cooked through. At the last-minute, tip in about half of the lemony marinade to add sharpness and gloss.
- Serve chicken with yogurt mixture.
Stay tuned next week for a TO-DIE-FOR Greek Salad recipe that accompanied the chicken!