It’s hard to believe that Easter is this Sunday! It’s most likely due in part to the fact that it’s still only 30 degrees in Chicago – what’s that about??! Anyway. Easter is a phenomenal time of year (most importantly) from a religious perspective, but also from a dessert perspective! If you’ve given up sweets, chocolate, etc for Lent, now is your time to get back in the game. Not to mention, Easter is “home” one of my favorite candies: Whopper Robin Eggs.
Here is a no-bake, kid-friendly recipe to help you celebrate this year!
Rice Krispie Easter Nests
Recipe adapted from: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Green frosting
- Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. While waiting to melt, grease a mini cupcake pan. Stir in vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add rice krispies. Stir until equally incorporated.
- Divide warm mixture into sixteen mini muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Shape mixture into individual cups. Cool. Remove from pans.
- Top each nest with green frosting and Whoppers Mini Robin Eggs.
Happy Easter to you and yours!