I received a Magic Bullet this past Christmas. My original intention with it was breakfast smoothies, very simple. I never realized the wonders that the Magic Bullet would bring into my life! It comes with a little book of recipes – salsa, hummus, baby food, scrambled eggs, soups galore, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese … this list could go on and on. This past Sunday I wasn’t ready to move into the food category, but I thought it was the perfect day to test the waters with a recipe I found (where else?) on Pinterest. It’s basically a homemade version of my beloved Starbucks® Mocha Frappuccino® Light. Brilliant! It was a great afternoon treat: delicious, refreshing and relatively easy to make. I think it will be my go to treat this summer, making the coffee pre-beach and enjoying the frappe post-beach. Enjoy!!
Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe
Original recipe: Peanut Butter & Peppers
- 1 heaping teaspoon instant coffee – I used regular coffee, see Notes below
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet stevia or 1 tbsp. sugar (to taste)
- In a cup mix coffee and water and stir until combined. Place in a shallow container, cover and freeze for approximately 4 hours or overnight.
- Once coffee is frozen, place in a blender with the milk, vanilla, stevia and cocoa powder. Blend until combined.
- You do not need to use instant coffee, you can brew a strong cup of your favorite coffee and freeze it, just make sure it’s 1 1/2 cups.
- If coffee is to frozen for your blender to handle let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to thaw out.
Calories: 43.3, Fat: 0, Sodium: 65, Carbs: 7, Sugar: 6, Protein: 4.2
What’s your favorite afternoon snack?