December and the year of 2013 have officially come and gone (watch my 2013 video recap here). It all feels like a whirlwind to the point that I still am struggling to grasp all that we did this past year and to realize that we now live in Seattle even though we started this year in Australia. It will definitely be a difficult year to top but I am looking forward to the different challenges and new adventures 2014 will bring.
With the start of a New Year, I know I am supposed to come up with some concrete yearlong resolution to better myself in some way, but to be honest I feel that a whole year resolution is just absolutely setting me up to fail. Besides fulfilling this resolution in 2012, I’ve never kept up with a resolution longer than February so instead of yearlong resolutions, Justin and I are vowing to make month-long resolutions that we set on the first of the month and will keep/complete by the end of the month so to hold myself accountable, I am going to share mine with all of you. Here are my January resolutions followed by our December highlights:
- Lose 4% of my body weight and win our DietBet.
- Apply for at least five new jobs.
- Buy fabric and create drawer liners for our dresser drawers.
- Drink not one sip of pop all month (#57 on this list).
- Post a blog post at least three times per week. (Major FAIL)
- Complete scrapbook pages for our Australia Zoo and snowshoe adventures.
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning (it has been in a bag for three months).
- Record all birthdays and anniversaries for the month of January.
- Go snowshoeing.
- Schedule all doctors’ appointments (After researching our insurance plan this doesn’t make sense to do until April)
1. Birthday dinner at the most quintessential Christmas restaurant
2. Seats on the stage for our favorite performance of Christmas Carol at the ACT Theater
3. Cutting down our first real Christmas tree!
4. Rocking out at Macklemore’s last concert on his Heist tour
5. Date night at a local brewery
6. A month spent watching classic Christmas movies (Miracle on 34th Street, A Wonderful Life, Elf, White Christmas)
7. Sharing 7 looks for 1 holiday season
8. Crossing #7 off my 93 in 930 list
9. A beautiful sunset while home in Iowa visiting with friends and family